Before leaving Rosie I redesigned the entire site to be responsive. The redesign allowed us to have a consistent UI throughout the site and also the mobile version to replace the outdated app. 
I also took this opportunity to edit features based on feedback we had from customers and internal teams (sales, support, and development.) In the end, there were 259 mockups, 215 JIRA tickets, a suggested execution plan for the Product Owner, and documentation explaining decisions and related features.  
While a daunting task, it was also incredibly rewarding. 
GOALS
• Address common issues directed at Support
• Elevate visuals to assist the Sales team
• Provide more spaces to the stores for Marketing
• Simplify and reuse UI elements for Development
• Organize and update the UX for new and repeat customers. 
The site had always been updated incrementally. This meant that UI elements were inconsistant, and that development was creating redundant code. This was unsustainable, as updating a simple feature could mean touching code in several places. 
This also meant that we could add information to reduce the number of inquiries our Support team received.  This information was available on our backend product data, but wasn't made visible on the front end. Information such as how different items are priced. 
From user testing, we realized that our "Dashboard" was unhelpful to the user. Reworking the site to be responsive was the perfect opportunity to update this section as well. 

When asked where they would look for updates and notifications, the majority of users said they would expect a pop up on the first screen they saw when logged in. When asked what the first thing they wanted to know when they logged in was, it was when the next delivery time could be. Thus, these two information boxes were designed to be added to the dashboard. 
Back to Top